In many traditions, healing is said to occur when you raise your vibration into Divine Alignment (which sounds like a really tough task, but I’m finding incorporating practices and habits little by little might make this more manageable). I discovered Ra Ma Da Sa, Sa Say So Hung today and couldn’t wait until Self Care Sunday to share. It’s the mantra for the sacred healing meditation, first taught in the Summer of 1973.
This healing meditation is used to pray for healing energy for our friends, family, and ourselves (Source) and with the news of Quawan Charles literally keeping me up at night, I figured I could share a small, but impactful, way to begin healing.
The below is from 3ho.org but I found it super helpful
Practicing the mudra and the mantra properly will optimize the energy flow and will make this meditation all the more potent.
Posture: Sit in Easy Pose (sitting on the floor, with legs crossed) or in a chair with feet planted firmly on the ground, with the spine straight, and a light Neck Lock applied (chin pulled back slightly).
Mudra: The mudra (hand position) is most important. The elbows are bent down by the sides, and are tucked comfortably but firmly against the ribs. The forearms are almost perpendicular to the floor, with the hands extended out at a 45 degree angle from the center of the body. The palms are flat but not rigid, facing
up, the wrists pulled back, fingers together. Consciously keep the palms flat during the meditation.
Eyes: Eyes are closed.
Mantra: This mantra consists of 8 basic sounds:
Breaking down the words
I find that when I understand what I’m saying, I feel more connected to it. If you’re like me, you might find this helpful, or at the very least interesting. From Spirit Voyage:
- Ra means the sun and connecting with that frequency gives you energy.
- Ma means the moon and it aligns you with receptivity.
- Da is the the energy of the Earth, grounding you in your roots.
- Sa is Infinity and as you chant this, your energy rises upwards and outwards drawing in the healing the the Universe.
- When you chant Sa a second time, you pull the energy of Infinity into you.
- Say is a way of honoring the all-encompassing Thou. It is personal, like a secret name for God.
- So is a vibration of merger.
- Hung is the Infinite, the vibrating real. It is the essence of creation. (So Hung together means, I am Thou.)
I’m finding this is a great way to start the day, and found this wonderful track of Ra Ma Da Sa by the Bhaktas on Insight Timer (which I’m beginning to just love).
You can find the track here: https://insighttimer.com/thebhaktas/guided-meditations/ra-ma-da-sa-2
Sending love and light on this gloomy New York day.